Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and you want to do something special for her! It’s not just about chocolates, hearts and flowers, you want to do something unusual that would make this Valentine’s Day unforgettable. How about pampering her with some delicious desserts, made by you? Here are some easy – to – cook yet scrumptious dessert recipes that you can surprise her with;
1. Mug Cake
Here is a hug in a mug for your dear one! This easy to bake recipe is the roadmap to her heart!
Courtesy – Taste
1 tbsp chopped dark chocolate
3 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
a pinch of baking soda
3 tbsp condensed milk
4 tbsp milk
a few drops of vanilla essence
1. Combine the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in a microwave safe mug and mix well using a fork.
2. Add the condensed milk, milk and vanilla essence and mix very well using a fork till no lumps remain.
3. Add the dark chocolate, mix gently and microwave on high on 2 minutes.
4. Serve immediately.
Serving tip – http://www.invhome.in/vibgyor-mug-collection-set-of-4
2. Lemon Souffle
This tangy and smooth dessert is sure to make you her sunshine boy!
Courtesy: Just a little bit of bacon
2 cups water
10 gms chopped agar-agar soaked in water for 30 minutes
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup fresh cream , chilled
1. Combine agar-agar and water in a pan and cook till it dissolves.
2. Add sugar and cook a little more.
3. Take the pan off the heat, add the lemon juice and mix well. Keep aside to cool.
4. While the agar-agar cools and begins to set, whip the chilled cream (has to be chilled otherwise it will curdle), till it holds its shape.
5. Fold in the cream into the cooled agar-agar mixture, transfer on to a serving bowl, chill and serve.
Serving tip – http://www.invhome.in/caviar-bowl-fino-2-pieces-set-of-2
3. Fruit custard
All your efforts are sure to bear fruit with this delicious pudding!
Courtesy – Hungry Forever
4 1/2 cups milk
3 tbsp vanilla custard powder
5 tbsp sugar
1 cup chopped apples (unpeeled)
1 cup grape halves
3/4 cup orange segments , cut into halves
1/2 cup pomegranate (anar)
1/2 cup chopped chickoo
1/2 cup chopped bananas
1. Combine the milk, custard powder and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring continuously using a whisk.
2. Cool the mixture completely.
3. Once cooled, add all the fruits and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
5. Serve chilled.
Serving tip – http://www.invhome.in/ice-cream-bowl-purple-set-of-6
4. Coffee and biscuit Parfait
Perfectly paired aroma and taste, just like you two!
Courtesy – hngrynow
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 cup coarsely crushed digestive biscuits
1 cup beaten whipped cream
2 scoops vanilla ice-cream
For The Topping
2 tbsp grated dark chocolate
2 tbsp roasted almond slivers
1. Combine the coffee and 1½ tsp of warm water in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Combine the beaten whipped cream and the coffee-water mixture, mix well and keep aside.
3. Take a serving glass, put ¼ cup coffee-whipped cream mixture, ¼ cup digestive biscuits, a scoop of ice-cream, again ¼ cup of coffee-whipped cream mixture and ¼ cup of digestive biscuits.
4. Top it with 1 tbsp of grated chocolate and 1 tbsp of almond slivers.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 1 more serving.
6. Serve immediately.
Serving tip – http://www.invhome.in/jg-bowl-300-ml-set-of-2
You are star to her galaxy, the bloom to her spring and now the dessert to her four course meal!